- SQM 1
Situated in the heart of the South Cornwall countryside, The Chapel is the perfect getaway. Features large kitchen, formal & informal dining areas, huge social area with surround sound HIFI + TV with many DVDs, 3 bedrooms sleeping up to 9 guests, free surfboard, wetsuits + all other beach equipment you can think of!
After partially burning down and becoming derelict for many years, this 200 year old chapel was renovated in 1995. However many of its original features were fully restored, giving the space an archaic charm that guests can't help but fall in love with!
The main chapel room still retains the original pulpit, stain glass windows and organ, as well as a full set of Britannica Encyclopedia's dating back to the 18th century. Have dinner in the chapel, then relax with a glass of wine and enjoy the surround sound HI-Fi system (with aux/usb input), or choose from the great selection of books, games and films.
Take a trip down to Heligan Farm Shop and stock up on delicious local produce to cook in the well equipped kitchen. Help yourself to free beach equipment and head down to one of the beautiful beaches for the day. Includes surf boards, body boards, kayaks, wet suits of all sizes, fishing rods, inflatables, buckets and spades, BBQs, the list goes on!
The bunk room (5 singles) shares an en-suite bathroom, with a large walk in shower, with one of the double bedrooms. The other double bedroom boasts stunning views of the Cornish countryside. After a long day at the beach, you can relax by candle light in the roll top bath!
Please be aware that the property is quite remote and a car is necessary. There is a small shop in the town of Gorran (2 mins drive), and other shops in Mevagissey (5 mins), with larger supermarkets in St. Austell (20 mins).
- The Lost Gardens of Heligan - only 5 minutes drive, these magnificent gardens are very popular all year round. Also has a wonderful farm shop!
- The Eden Project - said to be the 8th wonder of the world, these giant biomes house artificial environments such as rain forests and Mediterranean deserts. There are also other activities such as zip lining. Around 25 minutes drive.
- Charlestown - Around 20 minutes drive, see the amazing tall-ships and if your lucky some great film sets!
- Fowey - Historic harbour town, around 30 minutes.
- Pentewan valley cycle hire - 10 minutes drive.
- Mevagissey - a traditional fishing village with shops, restaurants (we highly recommend Alvorada and Salamanda's) and pubs offering real Ales.
- St Austell Brewery - 20 minutes drive.
- Caerhays estate and castle - 5 minutes drive.
- Polmassick Vineyard - 10 minutes drive.
- Melindsey mill cream tea - 15 minutes drive.
- The Minack Theatre - a fairly long drive at 1 hour 30 mins, but well worth it. This historic theatre is carved into the edge of a cliff and over looks the sea! They show various Shakespearian plays and kids shows throughout the summer, book in advance.
- Surfing - If conditions are right, it is possible to surf at local beaches. If not, more consistent surfing beaches on the North are only 40 minutes drive i.e. Watergate bay and Fistral.
2 Bathroom, 1 Bedroom, 2 Dining-Room, 1 Kitchen, 1 Living room, 1 Toilet
SleepingBed linen, 2 Double bed, 5 Single bed
CookingChild's high chair, Cooking utensils, Dish washer, Grill, Kitchen stove, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Spices, Toaster, Water purifier
EntertainmentDVD-Player, Stereo system, TV (Satellite)
SanitaryHair dryer, Shower, Towel-set, Washbasin
LaundryClothes dryer, Bathroom & Laundry, Iron & Board, Washing machine
MiscellaneousFire Extinguisher, Smoke Detector, Vacuum cleaner
OutsideCharcoal grill BBQ, Deck chairs, Bicycles, Canoe/Kayak
The Chapel, Gorran High Lanes Gorran, St. Austell, PL26 6LR, United Kingdom